Project Manager - Client Services
AiCure is a VC-funded startup that leverages mobile technology by combining it with Artificial Intelligence (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data) to bring better health, better drugs, and better treatment to everyone.
AiCure is looking for a Project Manager who has deep client, project management and clinical trial expertise and a passion for delivering outstanding solutions that revolutionize healthcare by improving medication adherence, measurement, and insights.
As Project Manager, you will play the central role in leading operational oversight of each assigned project. When participants in trials, or patients use the AiCure apps, information on their medication intake is reported on various dashboard products, which allow trial coordinators and other stakeholders to gain insights into how each trial is progressing, and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). As Project Manager, you will be define, prioritize, and oversee AiCure’s deployment in all trials (clinical trials and population health) from inception of the project to deployment and close out of the trial.
The Project Manager serves as the hub for all activities in a given study. These activities span overall timeline management, budget monitoring, vendor management, adherence to company SOPs, reporting, specification development, and validation during the study life cycle. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally with the company’s leadership, sales, business development operations, and engineering/product teams to deliver high quality, value add solutions for our clients.
This role combines strategy with exceptional tactical execution. It requires advanced skills in all phases of clinical trial management as well as excellent leadership and organizational skills.
Project Management (60%)
- Manage all phases of each assigned project, including budget, invoicing, staffing, project plan and client deliverables while maintaining high client satisfaction by providing proactive communication and issue/risk management.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently that are deployed in the US and globally, maintaining project schedule and quality deliverables in a dynamic environment.
- Coordinate with other Client Services personnel as well as Engineering and Product resources to ensure the timely and quality preparation of project deliverables based on assigned scope-of-services.
- Oversee development and approval of study materials.
- Manage team of Project Specialists and/or Project Assistants, as assigned, to facilitate all project tasks.
- Ensure all project deliverables are of high quality and exceed client’s expectations in compliance with Quality Management governance procedures.
- Oversee study management and coordinate study status with project sponsors.
- Manage resources and tasks to ensure all logistics, materials and technologies necessary as defined by scope-of-services.
- Coordinate with project sponsors to ensure all project expectations are not just met but exceeded.
Data/Site Management (20%)
- Manage identification and resolution of surveillance findings, communicating in a timely manner with internal team members and project sponsors.
- Manage communications with client (e.g., pharmaceutical sponsor, CRO) and site personnel regarding site/study details.
- Own in-study/maintenance transactional project activities throughout entire project life cycle, e.g., project fees, inter-department workflow assignment, issue escalation.
- Coordinate delivery of data reports (e.g., weekly, interim, final, etc.) for submission to project sponsors.
Account Management (10%)
- Maximize opportunities at existing clients for AiCure, encompassing Change Orders and new projects
- Manage relationships within assigned client accounts including routine written, telephone and face-to-face communication
- Acts as the internal customer advocate to ensure client success today and in the future
- Participate in governance meetings with project sponsors
- Communicate project status, risks, and escalations to AiCure leadership and account management team
- Assist with the development of new clients as necessary
- Provide ongoing career development, mentoring and performance feedback for supervised Project Specialists and Project Assistants
- Enhance the AiCure business model by institutionalizing business processes, implementing best practices and templates, and seeking ways to work more efficiently
- Coach, counsel and provide mentoring and guidance for direct reports
- Contribute to the development, enhancement, and testing efforts for enterprise products
- Create an environment with good morale and a strong work ethic, minimizing staff turnover and winning/retaining clients
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or related field
- At least four (4) years’ experience in project management ideally in the Pharmaceutical industry, CRO or related field. Clinical trial working knowledge a plus.
- Understand the software life cycle and the specification and configuration of software products
- Must be self-directed, results-oriented coupled with strong attention to detail, strong people skills and good judgment. Forward-thinking with ability to take initiative. Many of the operational processes are evolving daily with each new deployment.
- Must possess strong client and vendor relationship skills, with an ability to convey complex service project information and resolve project issues.
- Must be able to focus and prioritize effectively to complete his/her work in a demanding, deadline oriented environment.
- Ownership and management of project budgets, invoicing, project workplans, resource allocation and deliverable management. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience managing direct and indirect resources in a functionally matrixed environment. Demonstrated experience in career development and team management.
- Ability and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to implement a cutting-edge clinical trial solution
- Bring a passionate, collaborative, and innovative mindset to the AiCure team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel for business.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Passionate about revolutionizing healthcare and having a positive impact on individuals and everyone on the planet.
- Fluency in English (will be required to write, speak, and understand English to conduct day-to day business).
- Experience with IxR, CTMS, EDC and/or ePRO a plus.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. AiCure does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B) for this employment position
Our selection process is highly competitive because we only hire the best, most enthusiastic candidates. Openness, flexibility, creativity, ownership, and accountability are our main pillars. We love solving challenging problems and creating solutions that have real impact on people- at scale.
We're on a mission to revolutionize healthcare and when you join us, you'll have the opportunity of having a real, tangible impact not only on individuals directly using our technology, but also on how drugs are tested and brought to market across the world. That means everyone globally will benefit from what you do. You'll be inspired every day because you'll be making a real difference and you'll see it happen. In real time and at scale.
You'll work with brilliant, positive people who thrive in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural environment, and are curious, creative, and focused on executing our mission. You'll be up to speed on the most recent advances in Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data) while solving challenging problems in human psychology and behavior. You'll work with Scientists, Engineers, Designers, and Medical Doctors, to create innovative products that scale in an environment that encourages learning, collaboration, and growth.
We offer great compensation packages that are not only highly competitive, but will allow you to benefit and grow as we expand and scale. This position will include some equity in the company.
Paid Time Off (PTO)/Vacation
Generous and flexible paid time off policy that starts with 20 days of accrual per calendar year so you can take the breaks that you need in order to recharge and stay energized.
Full (100%) coverage on medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with one of the biggest health insurance companies in the U.S. You'll have plenty of choices for all of your healthcare needs.
We offer 401K so you when you retire, you can benefit from all of the great things you do with us.
We believe that people are at their best when they're happy and that flexibility improves creativity. With us you'll have plenty of flexibility so you can think out of the box, challenge yourself, and build great things that have a real impact while maintaining the life-work balance that helps you thrive.
We're in one of the best neighborhoods in NYC: in the heart of the Flatiron District, close to all that is culture, food, shopping, cafes, and parks to inspire you.
We have a fantastic open loft-space with brand new, state of the art equipment including standing desks, snacks, kitchen, areas for mingling and having a break, and plenty of sunshine. Full views of the Empire State Building included.