Senior Android Engineer
AiCure is headquartered in New York and has leveraged mobile and cloud-based applications, combined with our latest Artificial Intelligence (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Science) to bring about a better way for pharma & healthcare businesses to deliver to you & I.
When patients use our apps, information on their medication intake is reported in various dashboard products, which allow stakeholders to gain insights and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). Our apps use computer vision to identify the patient (face verification), verify that patients are taking the right medication (pill recognition), and that they are actually taking their medication (action recognition).
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for developing all patient-facing applications. You’ll work closely with our scientists and engineers to incorporate advanced AI technologies. Your work will have significant impact on healthcare for everyone on the planet! Experience in healthcare is NOT required.
- Develop Android applications.
- Work with computer vision team to integrate state of art algorithms into the mobile applications and deliver great user experiences.
- Optimize the user interfaces and application code to ensure efficiency, reusability, and performance.
- Develop end-user applications quickly.
- Continuously learn and educate yourself on the latest mobile engineering techniques and best practices.
- As a mobile software engineer at AiCure you will be responsible for developing all patient-facing applications. You’ll work closely with our scientists and engineers to incorporate advanced AI technologies
- Experience in healthcare is NOT required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience developing rich Android applications.
- Strong experience with Java and Kotlin, familiar with RESTful API.
- Solid expertise with algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience in working with cloud services (preferably AWS) and client-server applications.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented Design and various design patterns.
- Strong experience with multi-threaded programming and background processing.
- Experience in writing different levels of tests.
- Good communication and collaborative skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Passionate about revolutionizing healthcare and having a positive impact on people around the world.
- Experience with well-architected apps published in the App store is required.
Our selection process is highly competitive because we only hire the best, most enthusiastic candidates. Openness, flexibility, creativity, ownership, and accountability are our main pillars. We love solving challenging problems and creating solutions that have real impact on people- at scale.
We're on a mission to revolutionize healthcare and when you join us, you'll have the opportunity of having a real, tangible impact not only on individuals directly using our technology, but also on how drugs are tested and brought to market across the world. That means everyone globally will benefit from what you do. You'll be inspired every day because you'll be making a real difference and you'll see it happen. In real time and at scale.
You'll work with brilliant, positive people who thrive in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural environment, and are curious, creative, and focused on executing our mission. You'll be up to speed on the most recent advances in Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data) while solving challenging problems in human psychology and behavior. You'll work with Scientists, Engineers, Designers, and Medical Doctors, to create innovative products that scale in an environment that encourages learning, collaboration, and growth.
We offer great compensation packages that are not only highly competitive, but will allow you to benefit and grow as we expand and scale. This position will include some equity in the company.
Paid Time Off (PTO)/Vacation
Generous and flexible paid time off policy that starts with 20 days of accrual per calendar year so you can take the breaks that you need in order to recharge and stay energized.
Full (100%) coverage on medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with one of the biggest health insurance companies in the U.S. You'll have plenty of choices for all of your healthcare needs.
We offer 401K so you when you retire, you can benefit from all of the great things you do with us.
We believe that people are at their best when they're happy and that flexibility improves creativity. With us you'll have plenty of flexibility so you can think out of the box, challenge yourself, and build great things that have a real impact while maintaining the life-work balance that helps you thrive.
We're in one of the best neighborhoods in NYC: in the heart of the Flatiron District, close to all that is culture, food, shopping, cafes, and parks to inspire you.
We have a fantastic open loft-space with brand new, state of the art equipment including standing desks, snacks, kitchen, areas for mingling and having a break, and plenty of sunshine. Full views of the Empire State Building included.